COP 22 is the United Nations Climate Change Conference, and will be held this year in Marrakech, Morocco from November 7th to November 18th, 2016. The event will bring together diplomats, business executives, heads of government and other delegates to discuss action on climate change. The objective of COP 22 is to make the voices of vulnerable countries to climate change heard and will be one of action.
The University of Connecticut will be providing full funding, excluding meals other than breakfast, for a select group of undergraduate students to travel to Marrakech from November 13th – November 18th to attend events centered on the conference. In addition, students will have the opportunity to experience the beautiful city of Marrakech, Morocco.
This application must be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm EST on Monday, October 10th in order to be considered by the Selection Committee for the trip. Only complete applications will be considered. Airfare, housing, and city transportation will be provided.
- Do you have a passport that is valid through April of 2017?
- What is your cumulative GPA? (3.0 minimum requirement)
- What is your major and minor (if applicable)
- What is your expected date of graduation?
- How many credits have you completed?
- Please list any relevant student leadership activities (e.g., service hours, officer position in clubs, etc.)
- How did you hear about this program?
- Write one 600-word essay on the following topic:
- Describe what you hope to share with the UConn community from your COP 22 trip. Examples include participating and presenting in a conference, presenting what you learned to a class, etc. These goals should be attainable and reasonable. Essay should also include how this trip will be beneficial to your future career.
- List the contact information for three academic or employer references (at least one must be an academic reference).
- Attach a one-page copy of your current resume to this application.
- During AND after your trip, you must develop a series of blogs and social media posts pertaining to COP22.